Improve performance desktop recording

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sun Nov 22 03:10:37 PST 2015

On Sun, 2015-11-22 at 01:50 -0800, iiddnn wrote:

Hi,

> How can I improve the performance of a desktop recording with
> integrated
> webcam stream?
> I tried the pipeline below, and it works, but the performance is very
> bad.
> Records only a fraction of the frame from the webcam stream. thx

Are you saying that you counted the number of frames produced by
v4l2src and somehow frames get dropped between v4l2src and the encoder,
or are you saying this because you expected 30fps but got much less?

Webcams will generally produce frames at lower framerates depending on
circumstances such as light conditions etc. It's expected that you
don't necessarily get 30fps from the webcam.

Cheers
 -Tim