No GStreamer 1.7.0.1 found

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 10:51:42 PDT 2015

On 05-Oct-2015 4:33 pm, "tausiq" <tausiq19 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build gst-plugins-bad in Mac OS X (El Capitan)
>
> ran command,
> *./autogen.sh*
>
> the following error encountered
>
> /checking for GIO... yes
> checking for GST... no
> configure: No package 'gstreamer-1.0' found
> configure: error: no gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.7.0.1 (GStreamer) found
>   configure failed/

For what purpose are you building gst-plugins-bad from git? Do the
binaries provided by either homebrew or the GStreamer project itself
not suffice for you?

If you want to specifically build the latest git of gst-plugins-bad,
you will also have to build all the other GStreamer modules using a
gst-uninstalled setup[1]. However, GStreamer 1.6.0 was released last
week so if building gst-plugins-bad-1.6.0 is also sufficient, you can
check out the 1.6 branch of the gst-plugins-bad git repository and
build that instead:

$ cd gst-plugins-bad
$ git checkout --track origin/1.6
$ ./autogen.sh && make -j4