Audio synchronization issue with RTSP streaming

suspension manusha1980 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 02:18:39 PDT 2015

I am using RTSP 1.6 plugin to stream HD movies from my laptop to RP2. I do
not do any transcoding, and uses the test-uri example. For most of the
movies this works well, but for some the audio stream is not synchronized
with the video. The gap is few seconds. The CPU usage is around 6% when this
happens so I don't think this has anything to do with slow audio decoding?

The version running on RP2 is 1.2.4.
The pipeline I use in client side is:
gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=rtsp://192.168.1.93:8554/0

I measured the bandwidth of the WIFI connection to be around 13MBPS.

If I use omxplayer in the client side, then it works almost fine, but still
it looks like audio/video is not fully synchronized, but gap seem to be
around half a second.

What am I doing wrong here? I really need help to get this fixed.

Thank you