mpegtsdemux: DVB time and date

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue Sep 1 04:23:55 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I need to get mpegtsdemux to parse DVD time and date packets (TDT) and make them available to the pipeline. Ultimately I need to attach a timestamp to the start of the stream.

Right now, mpegtsdemux decodes TDT but then seems to drop it on the floor. What would be the right way to handle a TDT packet that would fit in with the design of gstreamer as a whole? Would creating an event do it, or perhaps adding a tag, or adding it to a buffer?

I just need some advice as to the correct solution to go for.

Regards,
Graham
—