RTSP Client Streamer

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Sep 3 00:11:31 PDT 2015

On Di, 2015-09-01 at 14:13 -0500, David Wells wrote:
> Got message #126 from element "udpsrc0" (error): GstMessageError,
> gerror=(GError)NULL, debug=(string)"gstudpsrc.c\(662\):\
> gst_udpsrc_create\ \(\):\
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0:\012rece
> ive\ error\ -1:\ Error\ receiving\ message:\ An\ existing\
> connection\ was\ forcibly\ closed\ by\ the\ remote\ host.";
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0
> : Could not read from resource.
> Additional debug info:
> gstudpsrc.c(662): gst_udpsrc_create ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0:
> receive error -1: Error receiving message: An existing connection was
> forcibly closed by the remote host.

This is the error here, receiving packets from the UDP socket failed
for whatever reason. The error message is not very helpful as UDP is
connection-less :)
If I understand this correctly from the PCAP log, the problem is that
we're sending data via UDP to the server in the beginning on the ports
that would be used for receiving data from the server... the server
replies via ICMP that those ports are unreachable, and then the socket
fails with the above error on the receiver side. Not sure what exactly
we're sending to the server there, it's not proper RTP and I don't
think we should send anything there at all at this point.
Can you file a bug about this at https://bugzilla.gnome.org against
GStreamer/gst-plugins-good and include a debug log with
GST_DEBUG=2,*udp*:6,*rtp*:6,*rtsp*:6 ? Thanks!

Also can you try if it works better when using rtspt:// instead of
rtsp:// for this stream?