rtpmp4gpay not accepting input from aacparse

David Webster-Jaggard davywj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 09:44:28 PDT 2015

I'm trying to extract AAC audio from an mpeg2 ts stream and post it off in
it's own rtp stream. The problem is that I can't link aacparse to
rtpmp4gpay even though, AFAIK, the caps should match.

This the the command line:
gst-launch-1.0.exe udpsrc
caps="application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-rate=(int)90000,payload=(int)96"
port=41010 address=229.10.10.10 ! rtpmp2tdepay ! queue ! tsdemux !
"audio/mpeg" ! aacparse ! "audio/mpeg,stream-format=(string)raw" !
rtpmp4gpay ! fakesink -v

It gets as far as this graph before failing:

http://postimg.org/image/w2bv9ja4n/full/

However, if I remove rtpmp4gpay and hook aacparse direct to fakesink it
creates this working graph:

http://postimg.org/image/if0ltlryv/full/

As far as I can tell the caps between aacparse and fakesink should be
compatible with rtpmp4gpay.

What am I missing here?