What is the right version of gst-rtsp-server on gstreamer 1.2.4?

Giacomo D omagico.olo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 04:07:09 PDT 2015

Thanks Tim for your help.
I installed gstreamer 1.0* without prefix, and gst-rtsp-server 1.2.3 without
prefix too.
I think the problem could be this: when I retry to install gst-rtsp-server
1.2.3 enabling gobject-introspection I get this error:

checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... no
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for VALGRIND... no
configure: Using GStreamer RTSP Server Library source release as package
name
configure: Using Unknown package origin as package origin
configure: Using GST_PKG_CONFIG_PATH = $(top_builddir)/pkgconfig
configure: Setting GST_PACKAGE_RELEASE_DATETIME to 2014-02-25
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
checking for gcc -std=gnu99 option to accept ISO Standard C... (cached)
-std=gnu99
checking dependency style of gcc -std=gnu99... gcc3
checking for valgrind... no
checking for gobject-introspection... configure: error:
gobject-introspection-1.0 is not installed

But if I search gobject-introspection with "whereis" I get:

giacomo at giacomo-X550CC:~/Scrivania/gst-rtsp-server-1.2.3$ whereis
gobject-introspection-1.0
gobject-introspection-1: /usr/share/gobject-introspection-1.0

Is it the problem? Is there a way to enable gobject-introspection in
gst-rtsp-server-1.2.3 installation?

Thanks in advance,
Giacomo