splitmuxsink arbitrary close

cottrelld david at elarm.com
Sat Sep 5 07:08:01 PDT 2015

thaytan helped me understand #1 more (thanks!).

I now put a blocking probe on the src pad of the tee, and send the EOS on
the sink pad of my queue.  splitmuxsink closes out the video file correctly.
It's still blocking everything in the app though, and he says it's because
the tee is singlethreaded and blocked.  Thus i need to solve #2.

For #2 he suggests making a custom bin wrapping the tee channel contents,
ghosting the pad so it can be linked to the tee, and overriding the
handle_message vfunc to capture the EOS.  I'm going to take a crack at
that...  If there's a different way it'd be awesome since this seems to be a
common thing to need to do, but going to give it a shot.

-David