iMX6 hardware decode issue on Android

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Sep 8 08:45:31 PDT 2015

Le dimanche 06 septembre 2015 à 09:50 +0200, Carlos Rafael Giani a
écrit :
> But what if there is a branch downstream, for example because of a
> tee element, and one element supports this caps feature, the other
> doesn't?

"tee" element makes the allocation query fail, so that will never be
used (we always double check the caps features against the allocation
for backward compatibility). If tee finally had code to intersect the
allocation query, the upload meta would only be negotiated if all the
branches supports it (it's an intersection). If you add a branch
without the negotiated feature at run-time (and this was supported at
all) it would fail with not-negotiated. We could think of a
renegotiation path eventually though (leave the new requested pad idle
until upstream dare to renegotiated).