How to autorate images with gstreamer?

Ilya Kulakov kulakov.ilya at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:05:32 PDT 2015

> Tags are serialized event. You can see them as state for the following
> buffers. If you want all buffers to be different, then send a tag in
> between them.

Should I send event directly to the videoflip element or to the pipeline?

Does the following code look correct:

     // Somewhere in custom thread
     GstEvent* orientation_event = gst_event_new_tag(gst_tag_list_new(GST_TAG_IMAGE_ORIENTATION, "rotate-0"));
     gst_element_send_event(videoflip_element, orientation_event);
     gst_app_src_push_buffer(GST_APP_SRC(_source), my_buffer);

?