using gl context of external app

Andres Colubri andres.colubri at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 03:41:52 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. The combination of calls:

GstGLDisplay* display = gst_gl_display_new();
guintptr context =
gst_gl_context_get_current_gl_context(GST_GL_HAVE_PLATFORM_CGL);
GstGLContext* gstcontext = gst_gl_context_new_wrapped(display, context,
GST_GL_HAVE_PLATFORM_CGL, GST_GL_API_OPENGL);

in the bus callback seems like the solution I have been looking for, at
least on OS X. However, gst_gl_context_get_current_gl_context always
returns 0, so theres is a problem a problem. Maybe the bus callback  is
called when the GL context is not current in the calling thread.

I will also give a try to caopengllayersink once 1.6 is out.

Cheers,
Andres