Issue with synchronized file streaming (MPEG-2 TS) over UDP Sink

prasanth prasanth.thankappan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:37:37 PDT 2015

We need some help regarding a problem with recorded file streaming using
GStreamer-0.10 (MPEG-2 TS over RTP/UDP)

Following is our pipeline
appsrc->mpegtsparse->rtpmp2tpay->udpsink

For playback, MPEG-2 TS packets are read from the file, and is provided to
an appsrc component which in turn connects to a rtp packetizer and finally
stream is send over udpsink.
When the buffers are pushed to appsrc, it does not wait for any
synchronization with the clock and data is pushed at faster rate and it gets
dropped while streaming.

To solve, this we implemented a GstClock subclass and set it with the
Gstreamer pipeline. We expect pipeline to pull the data at the required
rate. We have implemented the need-data handler to provide buffers to
appsrc.
In addition we read the PTS values from the MPEG-2 TS packets and assigned
the same to GstBuffer (By converting to GstClockTime).
We have set the sync property for udpsink as TRUE so that it will be use the
clock to process the buffers.

However once the playback is started, initial packets are pushed to the
pipeline for a few seconds after which the pipeline stops.
It says the clock is waiting to reach a time at udpsink and finally times
out. Below are the excerpts from the logs.

Are we missing something?
basesink gstbasesink.c:2568:gst_base_sink_do_sync:<udpsink0> possibly
waiting for clock to reach 12:11:50.174988888, adjusted 12:11:50.174988888

GST_CLOCK gstsystemclock.c:605:gst_system_clock_id_wait_jitter_unlocked:
entry 0x7ff864056de0 time 400659:23:12.006368888 now 400647:11:46.586782000
diff (time-now) 43885419586888
 GST_POLL gstpoll.c:1229:gst_poll_wait: timeout :12:11:25.419586888
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Prasanth