How to get raw h264 encoded data to analyze the video stream

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Sep 15 18:53:30 PDT 2015

Le mardi 15 septembre 2015 à 16:16 -0700, gstreader a écrit :
> But, when I opened that test.264 file in Elecard Stream Analyzer, it
> is
> saying unsupported file.
>
> Please add your comment and let me know which stream analyzer I can
> use.
> Thanks in advance.

First suggestion, use GStreamer 1.0 in any new application, GStreamer
0.10 is no longer maintain, hence if you hit a bug, it will never get
fixed in the official repository.

H264 elementary stream have multiple representation. I believe in 0.10,
the encoder would pick AVC as default, but if you are to store in a
file you need a parsable format, which is byte stream (with start
codes). Try setting the property byte-stream=1 to x264enc.

cheers,
Nicolas