State Change *always* times out, then immediately succeeds!

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:24:44 PDT 2015

I have a worker thread which is attempting to add another output bin to an
output tee on a playing pipeline. When it changes the output bin's state
(via gst_element_sync_state_with_parent), it gets a TRUE result, and if I
do nothing else, the newly added output works correctly.

However, if I call gst_element_get_state to wait for the transition to
finish, it *always* times out, no matter how long the timeout. My Logs show
that the state change only ever completes AFTER gst_element_get_state has
returned.

I can only imagine that some sort of lock is being held somewhere which is
preventing the state change to complete while the worker thread is waiting.

Is there any good way to wait upon the state change that DOES work? I
really do need to know when the new part of the pipeline is actually in the
new state.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.