QtGStreamer 0.10 and Qt 5.5, Qml

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Sep 22 03:23:36 PDT 2015

On Di, 2015-09-22 at 02:22 -0700, FGuggemos wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> We have a project where we use QML for our GUI and QtGStreamer 1.2 to
> display a RTSP-Stream. This works great and without problems.
>
> Now, one of our project partners has made some changes that require
> us to switch to gstreamer 0.10, and with it to QtGStreamer 0.10.
> I compiled QtGstreamer 0.10 form source against Qt5.5, which worked
> fine.
> [...]

Considering that GStreamer 0.10, and QtGStreamer 0.10, saw their last
releases about 3 years ago, you probably won't find much community help
for such old versions. Everybody has moved on long ago. The interest of
making a 3 year old version compatible with Qt 5.5 from this summer,
while the latest versions already work fine is probably minimal.

You should probably have some discussions with your project partners
instead about this choice, especially as this is apparently a new
project you really don't want to be stuck with completely outdated,
unmaintained software that is missing lots of modern features and
bugfixes. Your overall project cost will probably increase a lot trying
to get it as stable and featureful as the 1.x version.

And especially considering the requirement of using Qt 5.5, which was
just released this summer, it seems very odd to choose such an old
GStreamer version.