[HLS]: Streaming error while switching pads

rajat_verma kameyameha at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:45:52 PDT 2015

HLS demux switches pads, whenever bitrate is changed.
Now in clean up of older stream in gstadaptivedemux.c, below code is there:

line 785:      gst_pad_push_event (stream->pad, gst_event_ref (eos));
line 786:      gst_pad_set_active (stream->pad, FALSE);
line 787:      gst_element_remove_pad (GST_ELEMENT (demux), stream->pad);

As a result of this code, an EOS is pushed to peer pad, but apart from that
attached peer pad (read TS demux sink pad) get's no information that it
should also clean up.

In case of tsdemux using underlying h/w device, I can't find when I should
free the underlying device, so that next instance (tsdemux1) can get access
to them, when hlsdemux exposes a new pad.