Link/unlink tee branch from a pipeline

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Sep 24 03:23:29 PDT 2015

On Mi, 2015-09-23 at 23:58 -0700, Giacomo D wrote:
> So I need to do something like this below?
>
>  src1 --> tee1 ---> videomixer --> xvideosink
>              tee1  --> xvideosink1
>
>  src1 --> autoaudiosink
>
>  src2 --> tee2 ---> videomixer --> xvideosink
>              tee2 --> (unlinked)
>
>  src2  --> (unlinked)
>
>  After a little bit of time and when an event occurs I change
>  the situation to this:
>
>  src1 --> tee1 ---> videomixer --> xvideosink
>              tee1  --> (unlinked)
>
>  src1 -->  (unlinked)
>
>  src2 --> tee2 ---> videomixer --> xvideosink
>              tee2 --> xvideosink1
>
>  src2  --> autoaudiosink
>
> Is it correct? Because I am trying it but when I add to my pipeline
> the audio branch  src1 --> autoaudiosink, the pipeline is not
> working...

That should work, yes. Conceptually this is all correct, there must be
something wrong in your code or a bug in GStreamer somewhere.

Also "pipeline is not working" is not a useful error description, how
is it not working? What exactly happens? Did you check the GStreamer
debug logs if there's anything interest in there related to that?