GstGlApi compile error

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 03:09:27 PDT 2015

On 30/09/15 10:38, Gordon Nickel wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm attempting to use the gl api for playback in a C++ app, and
> getting a wall of compile errors when I include gst/gl/gl.h using
> 1.6.0 in Windows with VS2013. The error is:
>

> 1>c:\gstreamer\1.0\x86\include\gstreamer-1.0\gst\gl\glprototypes\base.h(51):
> error C2059: syntax error : '('
>
> 1>c:\gstreamer\1.0\x86\include\gstreamer-1.0\gst\gl\glprototypes\base.h(51):
> error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
>

> Which points to this line (and every other line using
> GST_GL_EXT_FUNCTION):
>

> GST_GL_EXT_FUNCTION (void, BindTexture,
>
>                      (GLenum target, GLuint texture))
>

> I've double-checked all the include paths - is there something I'm
> missing?

Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head.  A simple c++ application
that just performs #include <gst/gl/gl.h> works with both g++ and gcc
fine so I'm not sure what the problem could be without seeing code/more
errors.  Of course the real error could be somewhere else that's
confusing the preprocessor into generating bad code. You could try
examining the preprocessor's output see
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z9z0bx6.aspx.

Cheers
-Matt