audio chopped after running for several hours

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Jan 25 09:59:36 PST 2016

On Mo, 2016-01-25 at 14:16 +0000, Paixao Julien wrote:
> [...]
> I would be really glad to get any suggestions from the GStreamer
> devel mailing list members regarding this issue.

You should insert an rtpjitterbuffer before the depayloader. Otherwise
your sender and receiver clocks will slowly drift apart until it
becomes an audible problem. Not sure if that is the problem in your
case, but it's something that is definitely going to happen so try that
first.

> FYI: I am using GStreamer version 1.0.7, the two devices are embedded
> devices where it's not so easy to upgrade the GStreamer package.

You should still try that as there were a lot of changes in the RTP
stack since then, and also in other elements.