[gst-embedded] Unable to view/hear Audio/Video after running helloworld.c pgm (GStreamer app)

Sundar . S sundar.s at value-chain.biz
Sun Dec 28 23:36:32 PST 2008

Hi All,

I am unable to decode ogg file and play using reference program given in doc
and also using gst-launch

Problem 1:

I used the same example helloworld.c as provided by GStreamer documentation
and compiled the code. I was able to generate the exe.

I ran as follows

/* Example helloworld.c --> will accept the encoded ogg file and demu-
decode - play it */

$ ./helloworld mytestfile.ogg

I was unable to hear (Audio) or see (video) after this, and displayed as
follows

Now playing: Livin'_On_Borrowed_Time_zero.ogg

Running...

Dynamic pad created, linking demuxer/decoder

Error: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument

Returned, stopping playback

Problem 2:

To test the above functionality, I used gst-launce to verify the same. With
this also I am facing same problem with different error messages as follows

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=mytestfile.ogg ! oggdemux name=d d. ! queue
! theoradec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink d. ! queue ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

Can any one tell what is the problem and solution for the same?

Do I need to install any supported package or?

Regards

Sundar.S