[gst-embedded] Question on clocking and timestamp

Shenhong Wang qch1688 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 19:48:40 PDT 2008

Dear all,
With your great help, now we may play out audio&video and we need add clock/timestamp for our media player. I read chapter 14th of the Plugin Writer's guider again
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-time-data-flow.html
but confused with the sentence:
"First, the source element sends a discontinous event. This event carries information about the current relative time of the next sample. ".
Can anyone of you tell me how to send the discontinuous event in our source/parser element? thanks a lot!

Best Regards!
Shenhong