[gst-embedded] gst-launch problem

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu May 28 02:48:25 PDT 2009

Ravi Karmarkar schrieb:
> Now when I try to play a video from swfdec, I get the following warnings:
>
> (swfplay:1023): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvideo4linux.so':
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvideo4linux.so: undefined symbol:
> XQueryExtension
>
> (swfplay:1023): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstalsa.so':
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstalsa.so: undefined symbol:
> snd_mixer_first_elem
>
> (swfplay:1023): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so':
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so: undefined symbol: first_avcodec
>
> (swfplay:1023): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstximagesink.so':
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstximagesink.so: undefined symbol: XFree
>
> (swfplay:1023): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstxvimagesink.so':
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstxvimagesink.so: undefined symbol:
> XQueryExtension.

This is about the X server. When you build the plugins you had the x
server files present, but in your run time environment they are missing.
Just do an
ldd /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstxvimagesink.so
it should be able to resolve all shared library. Also check your
/etc/ld.so.conf and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Locate your x library and make sure
they can be found.

Stefan