[gst-embedded] Openembedded and gstreamer

Alberto Milla amilla at vicomtech.org
Thu Aug 26 04:41:42 PDT 2010

Hi, I am working with an at91sam9g45ekes and openembedded at its stable branch.

I tried to do a simple hello world program with gstreamer but it did
not work. After that I started testing gstreamer with the command:

# gst-launch audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! alsasink

I get:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstAudioSinkClock

And gst-launch get stucked without playing any buzzer sound and to
exit I had to do a ctrl-c and after that gstreamer stopped in:

Caught interrupt -- handling interrupt.
Interrupt: Stopping pipeline ...
Execution ended after 11443136693 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

After that, I have to do a reset to the board. But if I play a OGG file:

# gst-launch filesrc location=music.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec ! alsasink

I get only a warning but no sound:

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link vorbisdec0 to alsasink0

And to finish, I tried too with a mp3 file and I had the audiotestsrc problem:

# gst-launch filesrc location=music.mp3 ! mad ! alsasink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...