[gst-embedded] libsoup not working (Cannot connect to destination)

david coutherut david.coutherut at mindscape.fr
Fri Jul 9 09:22:40 PDT 2010

Hi
I tried to use gstreamer for playing a webradio.
I am using buildroot-2010.05 for an ARM920T based board using uClibc,
but libsoup seens not working

bash-4.1# gst-launch playbin uri=http://stream.pulsradio.com:5000
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source: Cannot
connect to destination
Additional debug info:
gstsouphttpsrc.c(913): gst_soup_http_src_finished_cb ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
libsoup status code 4
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

this isn't a network problem because a command like
wget -O - http://stream.pulsradio.com:5000 | madplay -
is working fine

Thanks

David