x11 and gstreamer compete on same display ?

Todd Fischer todd.fischer at ridgerun.com
Fri Dec 15 15:53:17 UTC 2017

> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 21:14:07 +0200
> From: Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com>
> To: Discussions specific to using GStreamer on embedded systems
> 	<gstreamer-embedded at lists.freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: x11 and gstreamer compete on same display ?
>
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Todd Fischer <todd.fischer at ridgerun.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Dec 14, 2017, at 11:07 AM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am using linux distro with x11.
>>> We have some issue, that gstreamer is not displayed correctly with rtp.
>>> We suspect that x11 and gstreamer compete on the display (becuase on
>>> exiting the gstreamer process x11 is immeditely shown again).
>>
>> What is the pipeline you are using?
>
> Hi,
> This is the pipeline:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5000 caps = "application/x-rtp,
> media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
> encoding-name=(string)RAW,width=(string)1280,height=(string)1024,
> payload=(int)96,sampling=YCbCr-4:2:0" ! rtpvrawdepay ! imxg2dvideosink
> use-vsync=true

There are several other video sinks available for iMX6.  I was trying to find a specific example for QT + GST on iMX6, but didn’t stumble across one.  You might find some useful information at

* http://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php?title=IMX6_GStreamer_Pipelines_-_SDK_Turrialba <http://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php?title=IMX6_GStreamer_Pipelines_-_SDK_Turrialba>
* http://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_Started_Guide_for_RidgeRun_iMX6_Graphics-Server <http://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_Started_Guide_for_RidgeRun_iMX6_Graphics-Server>