Yocto GStreamer 1.16.3 Issue

Blake Bailey curiousdev576 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:32:44 UTC 2023

Hi,

I am attempting to add a newer version of GStreamer (1.16.3) to our Yocto
layer to match the version we’re using to develop an application, but am
having some issues. Most of the other layers are using “rocko” and the
version of GStreamer I’ve gotten to work so far is 1.14.2.

The approach I’ve taken is to add the gstreamer folder containing all the
recipes for 1.16.3 to my layer. When I attempt to build the image, I first
get an error:

              Meson encountered an error in file meson_options.txt, line
23, column 0:

              Unknown type feature

After some searching I updated the Meson version using the same approach as
above, adding the meson folder containing all the recipes for version
0.53.2 to my layer. When I attempt to build the image, I am now getting an
error I haven’t been able to figure out yet:

              ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES ‘python3-pkg-resources-native’ ….
meson_0.53.2.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it

I have attempted to update some of the python recipes, but that approach
hasn’t worked for me yet. Just curious if anyone has any insight or perhaps
a different approach to solving this problem. At this point, getting to
1.16.3 is a requirement.

Thank you and let me know if there are any questions I can answer to make
the situation more clear.