[Gstreamer-openmax] [gst-embedded] Gstreamer Playbin

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Aug 26 09:58:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 5:14 AM, gulshan karmani
<gulshan.karmani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are trying to use the gstreamer playbin.
>
>  With gst-launch with forced chain we are able to make the playback working.
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=/media/sdmmc0p1/streams/beethoven9_128kbps.mp3 !
> ffdemux_mp3 ! omx_mp3dec ! alsasink
>
> But the similar chain is not working with playbin. (inturn it uses
> decodebin). Is it possible to force or customise demuxer and decoder
> elements in playbin/decodebin. May be a sort of hack?! We are facing some
> issues while trying to connect the demuxer and the omx decoder from playbin.
> (We have made the capabilities same).

decodebin won't use ffdemux_mp3 ever, since it has 0 rank. You
shouldn't use ffdemux_mp3 either - it's not very good.

decodebin will use mp3parse, if you have it installed - you probably
want that. It should work fine with any correctly implemented mp3
decoder.

Mike