[Gstreamer-openmax] Issues with GSt Playbin Plugin with Openmax

Manish Rana manish.rana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 12:18:08 PDT 2008

Dear Gulshan,

I  might be out of sync..as i could not get the exact problem.....may i know
what is the exact problem with the Playbin....whether it plays or not.....
Also I wanted to know how are you getting GSTOMX elements created on its
own....why ffdec_mpeg4 is not getting created in the Playbin.....is there
any setting for the same.....
Please let me know....as i am also planing to start working on the same...
As far as i knew..the elements used to get created depending on the RANK of
that plugin....now how will GStreamer know that it has to create GSTOMX
element or FFMPEG Decoder.......
So i think that it can work only using the commmand given by you or else it
should create elements depending on the RANK from the registry......

Please correct me...as i know mostly i am wrong.........

Thanks a lot
Manish....