[Gstreamer-openmax] GSTOMX and N-1 / 1-N IL components

Topi Hukkanen topi.hukkanen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 01:28:38 PST 2008

Hi,

I took a look at the GST OMX code, and it appears that there's only base
components for src, filter, and sink.

Are there any plans for extending these bases to muxers and demuxers... or
is this responsibility delegated because "N" implies there can be many
ports, and the very nature of muxers and demuxers make them difficult to
control.

At least I don't think there's a base mux for GStreamer... doesn't a writer
of a plugin have to start completely from scratch?

I guess in the OMX world, the clock synching could be a big problem.  Has
anyone looked at this yet?  Is there any way I can get involved?

-Topi