[Gstreamer-openmax] GSTOMX and N-1 / 1-N IL components

Daniel Charles dcharlesm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 06:53:49 PST 2008

Hello,

How would we create a demuxer or muxer with omx in it.  I have used
the gst-openmax plugins with the already existing demuxer (qtdemux,
ffmpeg, etc) and they seem to work fine.

If there's an intention to create a omx demuxer, how would it work?
Should I pass all the information trough the omx's state machine and
expect to get a callback function with the information processed from
the file?  I would like to understand how this will be a benefit
comparing this to the existing demuxers.  I'm assuming an omx element
should process the information coming in the input port somehow before
bringing it to the output port.  In a demuxer scenario the information
will only be extracted from a file but not processed as a regular omx
component.

I would like to write a demuxer if I can get this question sorted out.

Thanks,

Daniel.