[Gstreamer-openmax] Fwd: Regarding GStreamer-OpenMax Layer

sriram murthy sriram482 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 03:47:38 PST 2008

> As you can see pulsesink is being picked by autoaudiosink.
>
> A way to mimic this behavior is with:
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=Sample.mp3 ! mp3parse ! omx_mp3dec !
> pulsesink

Here again you mistaken me. I don't have any problem with gst-launch-0.10
tool
with out playbin(like:Command: $ gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=Sample.mp3
! omx_mp3dec ! omx_audiosink ).
If i am using gst-launch-0.10
with playbin( like:Command:$ gst-launch playbin uri=file:///Sample.mp3)

But this problem now resolved with our below suggestion.

If that doesn't work it might be because of timestamp issues in your mp3
> component, you can try with omx_mp3dec use-timestamps=false.
>
> If you want to use your omx_audiosink then you would probably need to
> give it a higher priority than autoaudiosink (you can set priorities
> higher than 256).

Thanks for your suggestion. Here one more thing we have to modify.
ie in gstomx_audiosink.c file, function name type_base_init ( ).

original :
        details.klass = "None";
modified:
        details.klass = "Sink/Audio";

with these changes i am able to play my audio file with playbin also. same
thing is applicable for video sink also...

But still i am facing earlier same problem with totem player. But now i am
able to load my render component also.
So i will start debug this problem.

If you have any idea reply me.

--