[Gstreamer-openmax] Discussion on Gstreamer openmax video Problems

Sriramamurti K sriram482 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 05:47:50 PST 2008

Hi Felipe,

First of all Thanks for your supppot on my Audio playback.
Now i started to work on Video component. Here i am facing some problems. I
need your support for solving these issues.

I am working presently on *H264 decoder component *and* Video_Render*component.
as i told you, i have my above openmax related components.
So i integrated my components with Gstreamer openmax code.

Here i am facing some Issues.

1. *gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/sample_iPod.m4v ! qtdemux !
omx_aacdec ! omx_audiosink*

 *   Observations:* Audio Play back is fine.

2. *gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/sample_iPod.m4v ! qtdemux !
omx_h264dec ! omx_videosink*

 *   Observations:* Display color changes to Dark green for few seconds and
execution terminates.

3.*gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/sample_iPod.m4v ! qtdemux
name=demux {demux.audio_00 ! queue ! omx_aacdec ! omx_audiosink }
{demux.video_00 ! queue ! omx_h264dec ! omx_videosink }*

 *   Observations:* It is hanging at handle_event() function in
gst_bask_sink.c .

4. *gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///home/sample_iPod.m4v*

 *   Observations*: Audio Play back is fine. But during audio play back no
video on my display. Display color changes to Dark green
                          throughout the audio playback. once audio
completes execution terminates properly.

These are the different observation from my decoder and render components.

On the other and i replaced the video decoder component* omx_h264dec with
ffdec_h264* in above commands. Here i am adding those observations also.

2. *gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/sample_iPod.m4v ! qtdemux !
ffdec_h264 ! omx_videosink*

*    Observations: *Able to see the output on my display with 80% clarity.
Some bluer images also coming, but Video play back is fine.
                      at the end , file execution terminates properly.

3.*gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/sample_iPod.m4v ! qtdemux
name=demux {demux.audio_00 ! queue ! omx_aacdec ! omx_audiosink }
{demux.video_00 ! queue !  ffdec_h264 ! omx_videosink }*

*   Observations:* Here also Video play back is same like above. And audio
also fine but some disturbances are coming.at the end, file
                      execution terminates properly.

Additional info: 1. I am using gst-openmax-0.10.0.4 only. No tunneling
added.
                      2. During video rendering self->x_scale & y_scale are
coming as 0's. So for know i commented that setconfig call.

So these are my first cut observations. With these can you able to tell
whats going wrong with my decoder component. Let me know if need any other
information.

--
Thanks & Regards
Sriramamurti Kommanapalli