[Gstreamer-openmax] openmax patches

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:39:54 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Mark Nauwelaerts <manauw at skynet.be> wrote:
>> * serialize EOS handling to prevent EOS event from "speaking before turn"
> Since omx is asynchronous at the time we receive the EOS event from
> gst, there are buffers that are still being processed, we need to wait
> for them before the EOS event is propagated to the next element,
> otherwise the buffers will be dropped.
> It looks like your patch will serialize the EOS event, so if for some
> reason omx signals an EOS, gst will receive it too. But there's no way
> that would happen for filter elements since gst-omx is the one that
> flags omx buffers with the EOS flag *after* we receive the gst EOS
> event.

After further discussion now I understand what you mean and what this
patch really does. Could you please re-send the patch with more
explanation about the issue and the fix, also remove the internal
Maemo bug id.

Other than that it's good. Thanks!

Felipe Contreras