[Gstreamer-openmax] File not playing with Playbin...

Stephen M. Webb stephenw at xandros.com
Mon Jul 13 05:09:42 PDT 2009

On 13/07/09 01:31, Sriramamurti K wrote:

> what can be the Issue?  Is My approach is correct. Can i implement
> filter like this ?

You can implement a filter like that.  You cannot use a filter like that with
playbin.  Your approach is incorrect.

> If Yes What playbin is expecting from *myfilter* point of view ?
> Please any one have idea on this Please help me to solve this problem.
> I got stuck at this point... If Any info needed let me know...

Playbin expects to select a video decoder filter for your Mpeg4 video stream,
which it will pipe through the ffmpegcolorspace and videoscale filters to a
selected video sink.  Caps are negotiated along the pipeline during the setup
and preroll.  Once the caps are negotiated, the first frame is sent along the
pipeline from source to sink.  The same happens for audio.

If you have written a plugin that acts as a video (or audio) sink and expect
it to take the place of a decoder, you will wait a very, very long time for
the setup and preroll phase to complete.  I hope your decoder does not use
hardware that requires a system restart between runs on failure.

--
Stephen M. Webb