[Gstreamer-openmax] File not playing with Playbin...

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Jul 20 06:47:23 PDT 2009

kommanapalli srirammurthy schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Sorry for late reply ..
>
> * Do the plugins have a rank>0. Otherwise playbin or playbin2 are not
> considering them.
> * Make sure there are no elements with same or higher rank on the system
> where you test
> * Make sure that your demux gets choosen. Does it have the right
> template caps set on its sink-pad?
>
> Yes. I am taking care of above all .. Filter rank more than 256 and
> Caps i giving as accept ANY..
> and my filter is choosed by chain.
>
> some people replayed that with this architecture (means single filter)
> i can't able to test with Play-bin. For that reason i am implemented
> dummy decoders and Sink elements with high priority ranks.
> But still i am getting response like previous ...
> My final goal is to test my filters with Totem or any gstreamer
> application.For that what else i should have in my filter chain..
>
> Please help resolve this issue..
Is any of your elemnts plugged? You need to go down to the debug log and
check if playbin is trying to plug your elements and if not why. If
neccesary add more log statement. You divert quite a bit from the
standart way of things, unfortunately then you might need to dig deeper
by yourself too.

Stefan