[Gstreamer-openmax] gst-openmax on beagleboard problem

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:53:20 PDT 2009

2009/7/29 Michiel Verschueren <Michiel.Verschueren at dekimo.be>:
> Hi Daniel, Hi Felipe,
>
> first of all, thanks for your quick and useful replies.
>
> I set up Poky for the BeagleBoard as specified on wiki page you provided.
>
> As a side note: I run into a minor issue building the poky image. The opkg-native package failed to compile because of gcc's -Werror flags. I worked around this by altering meta/conf/distro/include/poky_fixed_revisions.inc, setting SRCREV_pn-opkg-native to "4671" instead of "4545". See also this page: http://lists.o-hand.com/poky/0677.html. Perhaps something to put on the wiki?
>
> After building, I copied the /lib/dsp folder from tiopenmax-0.3.5 to my file system, as well as the DSP bridge binaries (including the ping test).
> Running the ping test yields the same result as before.
>
> When I try to decode my MPEG4 video, I get a bit further then before, but I still get some errors.
>
> root at beagleboard:~# gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location = ./simpsons.mp4 ! omx_mpeg4dec
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstSystemClock
>
> (gst-launch-0.10:779): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_value_set_fraction: assertion `denominator != 0' failed
>
> (gst-launch-0.10:779): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_value_set_fraction: assertion `denominator != 0' failed
>
> (gst-launch-0.10:779): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_value_set_fraction: assertion `denominator != 0' failed
>
> ... the assert keeps coming until I interrupt ...
>
> I've googled on this error, but haven't found anything useful. Do you have any ideas? Or can you point me in the right direction to look for a solution?
> Do you think this is a problem with the packages, or could I be using gstreamer the wrong way?

That's not a gst-openmax issue. You can ask in gstreamer-devel mailing
list, but most probably they'll point out 'man gst-launch'
http://linux.die.net/man/1/gst-launch-0.10

You'll see examples of pipelines you can run in your laptop, if you
try some of those you'll notice you are missing a demuxer element.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras