[Gstreamer-openmax] How to port gst-openmax

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at nokia.com
Mon Dec 13 08:50:16 PST 2010

Bard_Kuo at Compalcomm.com wrote:
> How to port gst-openmax ?

I'm not sure what you mean. In theory if your OpenMAX IL implementation is
compliant, gst-openmax should not need any changes.

> Is there some document describing how to use gst-openmax ?

Not really, but it should be like any other GStreamer elements.

A typical example pipeline would be:

gst-launch filesrc location=test.avi ! avidemux ! omx_mpeg4dec ! xvimagesink

However, you need to configure your library-name and component-name, an example
for Bellagio is:

omx_mpeg4dec,
  type=GstOmxMpeg4Dec,
  library-name=libomxil-bellagio.so.0,
  component-name=OMX.st.video_decoder.mpeg4,
  sink="video/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)4, systemstream=false, " VIDEO_SIZE_RATE ";" \
      "video/x-divx, divxversion=(int)[4,5], " VIDEO_SIZE_RATE ";" \
      "video/x-xvid, " VIDEO_SIZE_RATE ";" \
      "video/x-3ivx, " VIDEO_SIZE_RATE ";",
  src=RAW_VIDEO_CAPS,
  rank=256;

> How the process going in this plugin like flowchart, and how does it access OpenMax ?
> I am confused between two architectures.

I don't understand your question. gst-openmax simply maps GStreamer flow to
OpenMAX IL. You can check the code in gstomx_base_filter.c and gstomx_util.c.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras