[Gstreamer-openmax] AV Sync with Gst-OpenMax pluggin

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 03:55:40 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Nitin PAI <nitinmpai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
> I am looking into the alternatives to implement this.  Just wanted to make
> sure I am not re-inventing the wheel.
> If anyone has better ideas or has implemented this let me know.
>
> Can you tell me why the audio sink implementation uses GstBaseSink instead
> of GstAudioBaseSink which might have provided clock features to implement
> and set the master clock?

Because we need omx functionality. I guess it would be possible to
forget about omx base classes and re-implement all the omx stuff
inside audio and video base sinks, but I don't think we'll get any
advantage from that. But then again, I haven't really spent that much
time in sources and sinks; only encoders and decoders.

>>>Then there's the problem of A/V sync. This has been discussed in the
>>>past and the consensus is that the best way to implement this would be
>>>to map OpenMAX IL clock to GStreamer's clock.
> I will go through this. Please give me more pointers if we have a plugin for
> clock component in gst-openmax?

I'm not sure I get the question. Are you asking if there's any work on
a clock in gst-openmax? If so, not AFAIK.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras