[Gstreamer-openmax] Support for hardware codecs

Stephen M. Webb stephenw at xandros.com
Tue Feb 23 06:45:40 PST 2010

On 22/02/10 12:05, Clark, Rob wrote:
> On Feb 22, 2010, at 10:47 AM, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> >
> > Another thing that came up recently was the ability to specify some
> > OpenMAX parameters with default values on a per-plugin basis.  Even
> > better, some way to specify rules for different parameters values to
> > handle cases such as the WMVFileType setting for the TI video decoder.
>
> would it be sufficient to (a) expose more setting via properties, and (b)
> have some generic (not specific to gst-openmax) way to config default
> values for element's properties

What I would want is some way to expose more properties via gst-openmax, at
runtime.  I use gst-openmax to integrate various hardware codecs from
different vendors, each one with a different set of properties that may need
to be tweaked.  The more I can keep generic and as a single binary, the
happier I am.  And the easier it will be to push everything upstream.

Because of the need for compile-time differentiation, I currently end up
building everything multiple times, once for each hardware platform.  That
gives a fine end result but sure makes my life more difficult.

--
Stephen M. Webb
Xandros
stephenw at xandros.com