[Gstreamer-openmax] Element omx_mpeg4enc help

Joseph, Arun arunjoseph at ti.com
Sat Mar 13 00:14:39 PST 2010

Hi,

I was trying to encode a raw yuv file using omx_mpeg4enc. I used the Bellagio omx component based on ffmpeg.
I tried the below pipeline to encode a qcif stream.

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location= akiyo_qcif.yuv ! omx_mpeg4enc ! filesink location=testoutput.mpeg4

I am able to get an encoded stream but the output resolution and output color format was incorrect.

Then I tried a different pipeline

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location= akiyo_qcif.yuv ! "video/x-raw-yuv, height=144, width=176, framerate=(fraction)30/1, format=(fourcc)I420" !  omx_mpeg4enc ! filesink location=testoutput.mpeg4

Then gstreamer was not able to encode the stream, saying

"timebase not supported by mpeg4 standard"

So please help me by suggesting a working pipeline for mpeg4 encode using omx_mpeg4enc gstreamer element.

Thanks,
Arun