[Gstreamer-openmax] Tunneling in gst-openmax

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 03:15:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Sidharth R <svarier at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As per the following link :
> http://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax
>
> there has not been any updation on the source code associated with tunneling after 27th April 2009. Is the tunneling branch merged with the master branch of gst-openmax? Is tunneling fully functional in gst-openmax?
>
> Kindly reply to the above queries regarding tunneling.

There has been some progress regarding tunneling, however, it was
found that GStreamer's base classes are not going to work for this
feature. More work will be needed before this feature lands in master.
My personal opinion is that we should stop trying to use GStreamer's
base classes and implement the sources/sinks from scratch that fit
omx. However, I do not have time to play with this idea right now.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras