How to inform openmax video decoder component of EOS

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 02:52:41 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Deepak Thumathajira
<deepak.thumathajira at gmail.com> wrote:
>    I am using the latest gstreamer openmax plugin(gst-openmax-0.10.1). I am
> new to gstreamer.
>
> My understanding is as follows:
> The application informs gst-openmax plugin of EOS by issuing GST_EVENT_EOS.
> This is captured in pad_event().
>
> I want to inform openmax video decoder component of EOS event. How do I do
> this?
> Can I use GstBufferFlags of the input buffer?

Well, gst-openmax should be already doing that with with the flag
OMX_BUFFERFLAG_EOS. IIRC the omx component would get the flag on the
input port, and should set it on the output port buffer when it's done
processing all the buffers.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers.

--