Support for Custom Buffers or Native Buffers

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 07:18:36 PST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Nitin PAI <nitinmpai at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if there are any plans to add custom buffers or native
> buffers in gst-openmax.
> This will need some changes in the current architecture of gst-openmax (like
> allocating the o/p buffers in the sink plugin)
> and defining a g_object for native_buffers.
>
> Let me know if any such design/implementation is planned.

I actually haven't touched gst-openmax in quite some time. I don't
even have a working OpenMAX IL implementation I play around with,
since Bellagio just stopped working.

IIRC I actually implemented this some time ago for input buffer, but I
didn't find any real benefits to do that. Now I think it would make
sense for the output buffers, at least for encoders, and as for sink
and sources, I haven't really thought about it.

It will take some time before I actually touch gst-openmax again,
since I would probably have to implement my own omxil implementation.
I don't know of any other people working on gst-openmax right now, but
I know Sebastian Dröge is working on yet another GStreamer element,
although he seems to be very quiet about it.

Of course, patches welcome :)

Cheers.

[1] http://blogs.igalia.com/vjaquez/2011/11/29/openmax-a-rant/

--