gst-openmax plugin_init() called on video seek

Anjan Chanda anjan.cx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:24:21 PDT 2012

Is it normal for the gst-openmax plugin_init() function to get called when
doing video seek?

Basically, when I try to seek on a video, I can see the plugin_init()
function in gstomx.c file is getting called, which in turn calls
type_instance_init() and eventually g_omx_core_init(). I am using the
opensrc bellagio as the OMAX IL implementation. So when g_omx_core_init()
tries to create new decoder instance in my IL component and re-initializes
it, the gst pipeline is crashing. This is happening because resource held
by the earlier instance of the IL component is not release and a new one is
getting created.

What am I doing wrong here? Did I miss any config setting or something,
which is causing the plugin_init() function to get called on a video seek?

Thanks in advance for any clue.