Control keyframe time distance in omxh264enc

Sebastian Dröge slomo at circular-chaos.org
Tue Aug 6 23:44:20 PDT 2013

On Di, 2013-08-06 at 14:06 +0200, Augusto Destrero wrote:
> Hi there,
> in my application using gstreamer-omx on the Raspberry PI I would like to have
> a short time distance between keyframes in a h264 stream.
>
> Is there a way to control the maximum time distance between keyframes in
> omxh264enc?

There isn't and IIRC there is also no API to do this in OpenMAX or on
the RPi other than forcing a keyframe.

Currently the encoder has already support for forcing keyframes (with
the force-keyunit event). I don't know if RPi implements this, but if it
does you could add a property to gst-omx to use this for forcing a
keyframe at least every N seconds.