Issue with gst-omx while using libomxil-bellagio( ffmpeg codec enabled)

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 6 03:30:01 PDT 2013

On Fr, 2013-05-03 at 18:41 +0530, Varruchi Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using gst-omx with libomxil-bellagio (with ffmpeg codecs
> enabled).

Why do you use bellagio? Instead of, e.g., just using gst-libav to
access the codecs provided by ffmpeg/libav. There's no point in using
bellagio unless you must use software that requires OpenMAX IL.

> I tried following commands like:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/Downloads/video_test.mp4 !
> mpeg4videoparse ! omxmpeg4videodec ! filesink location=~/video.raw
> gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/big.h264 ! h264parse ! omxh264dec !
> filesink location=test.mp4
>

> But both commands stuck on  g_cond_wait (&comp->messages_cond,
> &comp->messages_lock) in gst_omx_port_acquire_buffer() / gstomx.c
> [...]

This looks like bellagio happily accepts our configuration and also all
the MPEG4 buffers that are passed to it... but never ever does anything
on the output port of the decoder component.
If you want to run bellagio, please check what exactly it is doing
internally and why it never gives back any buffers.