Issue with gst-omx while using libomxil-bellagio( ffmpeg codec enabled)

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri May 10 04:50:28 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 16:42 +0530, Varruchi Jain wrote:

Hi,

>      We are going to use Qualcomm OMX IL with hardware codec. But for
> testing purpose, on host machine we are trying to use  gst-omx with
> bellagio but it doesn't work instead gst-openmax works with bellagio.
> That's why we are  not sure gst-omx will work with Qualcomm's OMX IL
> or not?

gst-omx was originally written for and tested with various Qualcomm
chipsets (snapdragon S3 I think, maybe others, don't remember the
details), so I would expect it to work fine.

If it doesn't work, it should be quite easy to fix up in any case.

I would really recommend you use gst-omx and not gst-openmax, Not only
is gst-omx actively maintained, it's also more flexible and maintainable
and has been deployed on a number of different platforms.

I would not bother with bellagio, testing with it on the desktop doesn't
tell you anything meaningful about gst-omx running on actual hardware
with a real IL. It just tells you that no one is using gst-omx with
bellagio :)

 Cheers
  -Tim