Android gst-omx plugin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Jan 27 12:06:15 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-01-27 at 11:10 +0400, Ivan Rofov wrote:

> Previous problem was solved, thanks!) But now I have another one...
> At runtime, pipeline can't found element omxh264dec and other gst-omx elements.
> I create pipeline with this code:
> data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("filesrc location=/sdcard/test.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! eglglessink sync=0", &error);
> And see error:
> Unable to build pipeline no element "omxh264dec"
> [...]
> How should I add gst-omx plugin to android project, so I can use it elements on  pipeline?

The plugin .la and .a should be in lib/gstreamer-1.0/static and you
should add omx to the plugins list in Android.mk. Then all this should
work.

Also you'll have to provide a config file for gst-omx to work properly,
and the content of this config file has to be for specific device.
Without it you won't find any gst-omx elements.

Expertise, Straight from the Source