[patch] Add callouts for merging sysdevices

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Apr 27 13:28:23 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 22:17, Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This very trivial patch adds callouts for class devices which are merged
> into parent devices.  This is necessary or else things like printers
> never get callouts, since the USB device already gets a callout when
> it's added to the GDL.
>
> The only downside to this as far as I can tell is that the device is
> already in the GDL, so there's the potential for a torrent of
> properties, but in reality I don't think it's a big deal.

IIRC, this should be handled throught callouts in /etc/hal/capability.d,
right? I'm thinking

 1. usb bus device hotplug event, callout in device.d for usb device,
    then announce through dbus

 2. usblp class device hotplug event, merge onto usb device, callout in
    capability.d for usb device (now with printer.* properties), and
    then announce through dbus

Wouldn't this solve the problem?

Cheers,
David