Bluetooth discussion kickoff

Joe Shaw joeshaw at novell.com
Fri Aug 13 10:01:46 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 12:51 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> I thought I'd kick off a discussion about how we add bluetooth device
> support to HAL.  HAL can, of course, see the bluetooth devices, but we
> need to figure out what to name the properties.  They are wireless
> networking devices and so should probably have net.* properties.  What
> would be appropriate?

I fully admit to not knowing the first thing about how bluetooth works
at the lower system levels.  We should definitely bring Edd Dumbill into
the discussion; I know he knows the details and he and I spoke briefly
about things at GUADEC.

Is there anywhere where I can read up about how bluetooth works?  I have
a USB dongle for it, but I've only ever used it on my mac.

Joe